It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 12:31 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: BSG Starter Mod
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:40 am 
Admiral

For posterity, and until its updated to work with the latest version

BSG Starter Mod

Adds a Viper and a Battlestar from the model collections at scifi-meshes.com. To install just extract the rar to the Mods folder

P.s. feel free anyone, to use this in your mod.

OfflineProfileSend private message
 Post subject: Re: BSG Starter Mod
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:23 am 
Lt. JG

Before you go adding anything new I suggest you include a readme file indicating credit to the original creator of these works. Speaking from the point of a 3d modeller I would ask you this:

Would you be happy to have someone else use your work, which can sometimes take hours and days of free time, convert it, then re-release it without any recognition to you as the original author and then to state to the masses to basically "use it as you want" policy??

Sorry to bring this up but there are times when a modder needs a bit of reminding to avoid this kind of "error" because if the original author were to see this he may be hesitant is allowing usage of future assets and even not release any further works for others to use. Also you might want to find out what coxxon' usage policy actually is. I do know that he does allow free direct usage but game conversions are another thing. As a producer of another game mod I personally requested permission from him and although it took a while got the okay.

You may be surprised how damaging this can be for a community that relies on 3rd party model and texture asset usage.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:42 am 
Admiral

Thanks majorpayne,

I did not know the source for the models, but I will take the mod down until we get permission.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:03 pm 
Admiral

All the links have vanished? Or attachment?

:(

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:49 am 
Admiral

Used a pixel-art drawing I found online to start working on some BSG-themed module art, love those kinetics:

Image->Image->Image->Image->Image

Just wish I had a ship model :cry:

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:16 pm 
Lieutenant

The Pegasus and Viper files were removed because we weren't able to get permission from the original model maker, but there are alternatives; over time I've gotten to an acceptable place with modding, and if you really want Battlestars you should visit this thread:

Starwars/BSG Total Conversion playtesting Alpha Stage
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9656

He has the Colonials and Cylons as races! If you're good with Stardrive internals, it is possible to take the hulls, and their 3d models and use them as you need in your own copy of the game, or, with some work, inject them into your favorite mod!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:37 pm 
Commander

Chronus1326 wrote:
The Pegasus and Viper files were removed because we weren't able to get permission from the original model maker, but there are alternatives; over time I've gotten to an acceptable place with modding, and if you really want Battlestars you should visit this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9656

He has the Colonials and Cylons as races! If you're good with Stardrive internals, it is possible to take the hulls, and their 3d models and use them as you need in your own copy of the game, or, with some work, inject them into your favorite mod!

I have the Galactica/ Viper Mk II & Pegasus models from SD1 but lack Unity to convert them and seems a waste to pay subscribe for two ship hulls. I am not sure how to use anyway but zeros tutorial seemed pretty straight forward.
If anyone else would like these ships to add please PM me and ill give them to ya to convert or if anyone else has already done so please PM me a link for them as I have been looking allover and there seems to be no links to find online for SD2 and even the original sd1 links seem to be removed now too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:51 pm 
Special Agent

wayward wrote:
Chronus1326 wrote:

http://stardrivegame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9656

I have the Galactica/ Viper Mk II & Pegasus models from SD1 but lack Unity to convert them and seems a waste to pay subscribe for two ship hulls. I am not sure how to use anyway but zeros tutorial seemed pretty straight forward.
If anyone else would like these ships to add please PM me and ill give them to ya to convert or if anyone else has already done so please PM me a link for them as I have been looking allover and there seems to be no links to find online for SD2 and even the original sd1 links seem to be removed now too.

chronos, contact invyx in one of these places ok?
https://discord.gg/nrMKaWr
https://www.facebook.com/SDBlackBox/

Report an issue with BlackBox

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]