What do you want in a Campaign or Map?

Help design and build the tactics game of the future
coolwearm

What do you want in a Campaign or Map?

Post by coolwearm » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 am

As a player who loves map making but struggle with coming up with stories. I would love to be able to share my creations with the community. I hope that with the help of the current players we can make the game more interesting to incoming/unsure/future players and expand the community.

Here are some things I would like to ask, but any input is appreciated!
Do you prefer a large and grand over world or a minimalist overworld?

Making a dynamic campaign is challenging right now because it's hard to influence a players movement without quests. Would you prefer to be told the story by following a linear path, or a figure it out as I go even if it means ill have to restart a few times kinda game?

Do large maps (most of mine much larger than a table) or small split up maps make you feel more immersed? Or have more fun?

What do you think a truly good looking map looks like?

Story Wise
What do you consider boring, cliche, overused, or redundant?

Do mysteries, politics, and magic interest you more than strategy, tactics, and wit do? Or do you think a good balance should be attempted?

Any stories you would like to see recreated in a playable format achievable in Longsword?

Note 1: I'm interested in working with those who write stories, but don't quite enjoy the map making aspects. Together we could try to bring both our visions together. Message me if you are interested and let me know what you have in mind. Ill work on maps at night and sometimes during the day. I am starting school and work again in a week so it may take me a while to get back to you. To contact me find 'coolwearm' if multiple accounts show up my profile pic is a cheese man grating himself :lol: :lol:
Note 2: I'm making a campaign currently to show what I do
Note 3: If other makers want to use this thread to ask questions of their own I ask you to please do so.

Zero
Site Admin

Re: What do you want in a Campaign or Map?

Post by Zero » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:25 pm

I'm interested in anything you put out, honestly. Just playing the few campaigns that I've seen up on the workshop has been awesome to me. It's great to just find a new story and have some fun.

What I want to know is what kind of tools you want. Anything I can do to help, let me know.